Technology Transfer and Patent Specialist
An exciting job opportunity is available as a Technology Transfer and Patent Specialist with responsibility for advising on and performing the full range of technology transfer services on behalf of a docket of scientists working at NIH Institutes. Apply November 19 - 23!
Details and application procedures are located on USAjobs :
- Open & closing dates: 11/19/2020 to 11/23/2020
- Service: Competitive
- Pay scale & grade: GS 11 - 13
- Salary: $72,030 to $133,465 per year
- Appointment type: Permanent
- Work schedule: Full-Time
- Locations: Frederick, MD or Montgomery County, MD
- Relocation expenses reimbursed: No
- Telework eligible: Yes
- Supervisory status: No
- Promotion Potential: 13
- Occasional travel: You may be expected to travel for this position.
- Originate and draft complex Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADAs) to document the terms of joint research and development projects.
- Plan and negotiate CRADAs with profit and non-profit organizations.
- Independently monitor the processes for handling CRADAs and potential inventions arising from CRADA research.
- Advise on matters involving domestic and foreign patent rights, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in the development of new policies regarding the transfer of technologies.
- Prepare and deliver educational programs designed to train scientific and administrative staff about technology transfer issues.
- Contribute to analyses, interpretation, and evaluation of complex, or abstract information on licensing agreements.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship requirement or proof of being a U.S. National must be met by closing date.
- Employment is subject to the successful completion of a background investigation, verification of qualifications, completion of onboarding forms, submission of required documents, and any other job-related requirement before or after appointment.
- Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- This position has an educational requirement. A transcript must be submitted with an application.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS FOR GS- 11/12/13: Successful completion of a 4 year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a Bachelor's degree or graduate/higher level degree with a major field of study in an academic field related to the medical field, health sciences, or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
IN ADDITION TO THE EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS, YOU MUST ALSO MEET THE FOLLOWING:
For GS-11: You must demonstrate in your resume one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-9 grade level in the Federal Government obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: researching technology transfer requirements and preparing reports of findings; responding to routine technical inquiries regarding technology transfer; reviewing technology transfer documents related to technology transfer agreements, patents, or inventions for completeness and compliance with basic requirements; and compiling information for briefing reports related to technology transfer licensing issues ORcompleted 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in a related field OR have a combination of graduate education and experience.
For GS-12: You must demonstrate in your resume at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal Government obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following types of tasks: responding to inquiries regarding the legal and regulatory requirements related to technology transfer agreements, patents, or inventions; reviewing technology transfer agreements such as Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADAs), Licenses, Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs) or equivalent kinds of agreements for sufficiency regarding methods and techniques, justifications, and similar matters; reviewing reports of technology transfer agreements to determine adherence to performance measures; and participating in negotiating and executing technology transfer agreements for an organization.
You must demonstrate in your resume at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal Government obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: planning, negotiating, drafting and executing a variety of technology transfer agreements, such as Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADAs), Licenses, Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs) or equivalent kinds of agreements; resolving complex problems related to patents or technology transfer agreements; advising on matters involving domestic and foreign patent rights, policies and procedures; and developing royalty proposals based on analyses of the stage of development of technology, size of market, and availability of competing technologies.
You will receive credit for all experience material to the position, including experience gained in religious, civic, welfare, service, and organizational activities, regardless of whether you received pay.
Do not copy and paste the duties, specialized experience, or occupational assessment questionnaire from this announcement into your resume as that will not be considered a demonstration of your qualifications for this position.
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10955755
This position has an education requirement. You are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education.
If you are unable to apply online at USAjobs.gov or you need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .