CRADA Payment Options
Option 1: Mail a check to the Institute or Center
- Make checks payable to the "National Cancer Institute"
- Reference the 5-digit NCI CRADA number, NNNNN, on each check.
- It is recommended that funds are sent by trackable mail or courier as follows:
Regular USPS Mail:
Option 2: Electronic Payments by Wire Transfer via Fedwire
To ensure NCI receives the payment, the Fedwire Field Tags 1510, 2000, 3400, 3600, 4200, 5000 and 6000 lines 1 & 2 must be completed with the “Required Information” data.
Fedwire Field Tag 3100 is only required if payment is drawn from a foreign bank account.
These data are in addition to the Field Tags required by the banking institution.
Fedwire Field Tag
Fedwire Field Name
Payment amount, U.S. Dollars (USD) only
Sender Bank ABA Routing Number
Enter the sending US Correspondent bank’s ABA routing number only for payments drawn on a Foreign Bank Account
Receiver ABA Routing Number
Receiver ABA Short Name
TREAS NYC **
Business Function Code
CTR (or CTP)
Beneficiary Identifier (Acct #)
875080031003 (12-digit gateway account # ending in the number 3 - required) **
Originator to Beneficiary Information - Line 1
National Cancer Institute
Originator to Beneficiary Information – Line 2
Originator to Beneficiary Information – Line 3
Originator to Beneficiary Information – Line 4
Invoice # __
* The financial institution address for Treasury’s routing number is: 33 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10045
**CRADA payments ending in any number other than the number 3 for the 12-digit gateway account # in Field Tag 4200 will cause the Fedwire to be returned.
SWIFT CODE: FRNYUS33
Agency Contact: Karen Johnson (301) 496-0896; JohnsonKL@mail.gov
Option 3: Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments
Note: The only way to make an ACH CRADA payment is to use the U.S. Government’s www.pay.gov portal. Federal Reserve Banks reject ACH payments received any other way.
- Go to https://www.pay.gov/public/home and enter “NIH NCI CRADA Payments” in the Search bar on the top left of the home page. Click on the Search button to find the form.
- NIH NCI CRADA Payments is the first option from the search results. Click on the blue “Continue” button.
- Read and follow the directions to complete the form (see additional info below).
- Complete the bank information when requested
- Additional information needed to complete the form:
- Agency: HHSNIHOFM (HHS National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of Financial Management)
- Agency Tracking ID: 75161978427
- Application Name: NIH CRADA Payments