2023 Technology Showcase
September 6, 2023 | 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Frederick National Laboratory Advanced Technology Research Facility Frederick, MD
Join us on September 6, 2023, for 2023 Technology Showcase, the the annual event highlighting how potential industry partners can work with the NCI and Frederick National Laboratory (FNL).
If you are interested in learning about any of the opportunities shared at the 2023 Technology Showcase, please reach out to us:
- FNL - PDO@nih.gov
- Free hybrid event.
- Features NCI and FNL inventors highlighting technologies for commercialization and/or collaboration.
- Showcases NCI and FNL programmatic leaders sharing opportunities to collaborate.
- Explains partnering with the NCI and the FNL including the company perspective.
- Includes panel sessions featuring collaboration success stories and topics relevant to commercializing biomedical technology.
- Features a Lightning Pitch Competition followed by a Poster Session that highlights NIH technologies for co-development and/or licensing — presented by the NCI Technology Transfer Ambassadors Program.
- Who should attend? Great opportunity for companies, investors, entrepreneurs, technology scouts looking for technologies to commercialize and all biotech stakeholders.
The event will conclude with an independently sponsored networking event nearby (no resources of the Department of Health and Human Services are involved).
|10:00 a.m.||Onsite check-in; Networking and coffee; Login online|
|11:00 - 11:10 a.m.||Welcome
Leonard Freedman, Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer, Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research
Michael O'Connor, Mayor, City of Frederick
Jessica Fitzwater, County Executive, Frederick County, MD
Michael Salgaller, Ph.D., Unit Supervisor, NCI Technology Transfer Center
|11:10 - 11:25 a.m.||
Thomas Misteli, Ph.D.
|11:25 - 11:30 a.m.||
Voice of the Patient / Patient Advocate
|11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||
NCI and Frederick National Laboratory Programmatic Presentations
Moderator: Michael Salgaller, NCI TTC
|12:35 - 12:50 p.m.||
Lightning Pitch Competition
Introduction: Laura Prestia, Ph.D., Senior Innovation Manager, Technology Transfer Center, NCI
Presenters will deliver one-minute technology pitches. Presenters include representatives from the Technology Transfer Ambassadors Program (TTAP), NCI TTC, NCI Transition to Industry Fellowship (T2I) and the Johns Hopkins University (Discovery to Market Course).
|12:50 - 1:35 p.m.||Lunch, Networking, Poster Session|
|1:40 - 2:40 p.m.||
Moderator: Amanda Corbel, M.S., Partnership Alliance Manager, FNL
|2:45 - 3:35 p.m.||
Panel Sessions, Part One
1. How to Tap into Resources and Work with the Frederick National Laboratory
Serguei Kozlov, Ph.D., M.B.A., P.M.P., Principal Scientist, Preclinical Technology and Optimization Team Leader, Center for Advanced Preclinical Research, FNL
2. Government Sources of Support
Moderator: Daryll Sampey, Ph.D., President & CEO, BioFactura
Matt McMahon, Ph.D., Director, NIH Small Business Education and Entrepreneurial Development (SEED)
|3:40 - 4:30 p.m.||
Panel Sessions, Part Two
3. Traditional and Foundation Sources of Support
Moderator: Tom Thomson, Chairman of the Management Committee, Venture Mentoring Service, Maryland Tech Council
Alfred Slanetz, Ph.D., Board Chair, National Foundation for Cancer Research
Moderator: Whitney Hastings, Ph.D., Senior Technology Transfer Manager, NCI TTC; Chair, Federal Laboratory Consortium
Michael Pollack, Ph.D., Unit Supervisor, NCI TTC
|4:30 - 4:40 p.m.||Closing remarks; Pitch Competition Announcement; Thank you!|
In-Person Event Location
FNL Advanced Technology Research Facility
8560 Progress Drive
Frederick, MD 21701
Sign up to receive email updates about this event on our Quick Subscribe page.