Research Tools and Materials
Research tools, also called research resources or research materials, are biological or other materials that are primarily useful for research purposes.
Research Tools Are…
- primarily useful for research purposes, such as in data related to the elucidation of disease mechanisms or to drug discovery;
- by definition finished products that often do not require further development time and development costs in order to be utilized; or
- broadly enabling inventions, useful in developing multiple products in numerous disciplines, rather than a single project-specific or product-specific use.
Access Research Tools and Materials
- Advertised in TTC's Available Technologies and described in scientific publications
- Freely available to non-profits and universities through a Material Transfer Agreement (or other appropriate mechanism)
- Available via licensing to companies
Types of Research Tools and Materials
- Animal Models
- Cell Lines
- Nucleic Acids/Vectors
- Small Molecules
- and more!
Research Resources Available to Researchers
Examples of available research resources: