|12:00 - 12:30 p.m.
Mark Stewart. Ph.D.
Vice President of Science Policy
Friends of Cancer Research (Friends)
James Cherry, Ph.D.
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Chief, Research Technologies Branch, on detail as NCI Scientific Program Director (SeroNet)
|12:30 - 1:20 p.m.
Technology Presentations, Session 1
- Technology: "Single Domain Antibodies Targeting SARS-CoV-2 for treating COVID-19" (E-253-2020)
Mitchell Ho, Ph.D., Senior Investigator, Laboratory of Molecular Biology, CCR, NCI
- Technology: "Genetically Engineered Myeloid Cells as a Platform to Reprogram Diseased Microenvironments" (E-053-2019)
Rosandra Kaplan, M.D., Head, Tumor Microenvironment and Metastasis Section, CCR, NCI
- Technology: "Antisense Oligonucleotides against Cancer Cell Migration and Invasion" (E-041-2020)
Stavroula Mili, Ph.D., Stadtman Investigator, Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, NCI
- Technology: “ATOM: Democratizing Drug Discovery”
Eric Stahlberg, Ph.D., Director, Biomedical Informatics and Data Science Directorate, FNL
- Technology: "The ARE-Del mouse: A novel model for autoimmunity"
Howard Young, Ph.D., Senior Investigator, Laboratory of Cancer Immunometabolism, CCR, NCI
|1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
Panel Sessions, Part 1
Attendee selects one of two concurrent panel sessions
Panel 1: “How collaborators can tap into laboratory resources at the Frederick National Laboratory”
Moderator: Claudia Haywood, J.D., Director of Intellectual Property and Strategic Agreements, Frederick National Laboratory (FNL)
- Rachael Crist, Ph.D. - Head of Strategic Client Relations, Nanotechnology Characterization Laboratory, DCTD, FNL, NCI
- Serguei Kozlov, Ph.D., MBA – Center for Advanced Preclinical Research, FNL, NCI
- Jana Ognjenovic, Ph.D. – Scientist, National Cryo-EM Facility, FNL
Panel 2: “Foundations and philanthropies as strategic partners”
Moderator: Jamie Troil Goldfarb, cancer survivor and patient advocate, Melanoma Research Alliance (MRA)
- Joan Levy, Ph.D., Senior Director of Special Projects, MRA
- Sujuan Ba, Ph.D., President and CEO, National Foundation for Cancer Research
- Ashley Calabrese, MBA, Director, Alliance Management, Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF)
|2:30 - 3:25 p.m.
Technology Transfer Ambassadors Program, Lightning Pitch & Poster Session
How it works:
- Presenters will each deliver a one-minute "lightning pitch." Attendees can then opt to learn more by joining one of the four break-out rooms.
- In the breakout rooms, presenters will share a poster about their selected technology and provide a short (five-minute) presentation.
- Attendees will be able to ask the poster presenters questions and move between breakout rooms.
Moderator: Laura Prestia, Ph.D., NCI Technology Transfer Center (TTC), Communications and Strategic Initiatives Manager, TTAP Program Lead
Breakout Room 1:
Moderator: Laura Prestia, Ph.D.
- "Genetically Engineered Myeloid Cells (GEMys) as a Platform to Enhance Anti-Tumor Immunity" (E-053-2019)
Inventor: Rosandra Kaplan, M.D., NCI CCR Pediatric Oncology Branch
Presented by: Sabina Kaczanowska, Ph.D., Transition to Industry Fellow and Inventor
- "EGFRvIII Antibodies for the Treatment of Human Cancer" (E-103-2019)
Inventor: David FitzGerald, Ph.D., NCI CCR Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Presented by: Eric Chun Hei Ho, Ph.D., Transition to Industry Fellow and Inventor
- "Small Molecule Anti-cancer Agents that Stabilize the MYC-G-Quadruplex" (E-053-2015)
Inventors: John 'Jay' Schneekloth Jr., Ph.D., NCI CCR Chemical Biology Laboratory, Beverly Mock, Ph.D., NCI, CCR, Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Genetics
Presented by: Snehal Gaikwad, Ph.D., TTAP Ambassador and Transition to Industry Fellow
Breakout Room 2:
Moderator: Abritee Dhal, Ph.D., NCI TTC Technology Transfer Manager & TTAP Team Lead
- "Use of the TP5 Peptide for the Treatment of Cancer" (E-007-2019)
Inventor: Zhengping Zhuang, M.D. Ph.D., NCI CCR Neuro-Oncology Branch
Presenter: Berna Uygur, Ph.D., TTC Fellow
- "Efficacious Fluorinated Cytidine Analog Cancer Therapeutic With Low Toxicity In Animal Studies" (E-215-2018)
Inventor: Joel Morris, Ph.D., NCI Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis (DCTD), Drug Synthesis and Chemistry Branch
Presented by: Nick Cilz, Ph.D., TTC Fellow
- "A Viral Exposure Signature to Define and Detect Early Onset Hepatocellular Carcinoma" (E-174-2019)
Inventor: Xin Wei Wang, Ph.D., NCI CCR Laboratory of Human Carcinogenesis
Presenter: Gandhy Pierre-Louis, TTC Fellow
Breakout Room 3:
Moderator: Rose Freel, Ph.D., NCI TTC, Senior Technology Transfer Manager & TTAP Team Lead
- "New Heterocyclic Scaffold-Based Inhibitors of the Polo-Box Domain of Polo-like Kinase 1 for the Treatment of Cancer" ( E-211-2020)
Inventor: Kyung Lee, Ph.D., NCI CCR Laboratory of Metabolism
Presented by: Diptadip Dattaroy, Ph.D., TTC Fellow
- "Chimeric Adaptor Proteins (CAPs) for Use in T Cell-Based Immunotherapy" (E-210-2018)
Inventor: Lawrence Samelson, M.D., NCI CCR Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology
Presented by: James Kirui, Ph.D., TTAP Ambassador
- "Chimeric Antigen Receptors to CD276 for Treating Cancer" (E-243-2015)
Inventor: Crystal Mackall, M.D., Stanford Cancer Institute, formerly NCI CCR Pediatric Oncology Branch
Presented by: Wing-Hang Tong, Ph.D., TTAP Ambassador
- "Development of Next Generation Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs) Against CD276" (E-145-2019)
Inventor: Brad St. Croix, Ph.D., NCI CCR, Mouse Cancer Genetics Program
Presented by: Harmen Steele, Ph.D., TTC Fellow
Breakout Room 4:
Moderator: Suna Gulay French, Ph.D., NCI TTC Technology Transfer Manager & TTAP Team Lead
- "Synergistic Use of Exo VII Inhibitors and Quinolone Antibiotics for Treating Bacterial Infection" (E-171-2020)
Inventor: Yves Pommier, M.D., Ph.D., NCI CCR Developmental Therapeutics Branch
Presented by: Michaela McCrary, Ph.D., TTC Fellow
- "Methods for Selection of Cancer Patients and Predicting Efficacy of Combination Therapy" (E-013-2012)
Inventor: Beverly Mock, Ph.D., NCI CCR Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Genetics
Presented by: Jonathan Motley, Ph.D., TTC Fellow
- "Phenserine Tartrate: A Therapeutic Treatment for Neurodegenerative Disorders"
Inventor: Nigel Greig, Ph.D., NIA Translational Gerontology Branch
Presenter: Daniela Lecca, Ph.D., Research and Entrepreneurial Training Immersion (RETI) Fellow, National Institute on Aging (NIA)
- "Human Insulin C-Alpha-Peptides and Methods of Use" (E-062-2021)
Inventor: Josephine Egan, M.D., NIA Laboratory of Clinical Investigation
Presented by: Nate Whitman, Ph.D., TTC Fellow
|3:30 -4:20 p.m.
Technology Presentations, Session 2
- Presentation: "COVID19 mucosal vaccine studies in rhesus macaques"
Jay Berzofsky, M.D., Ph.D., Chief, Vaccine Branch, Center for Cancer Research (CCR), NCI
- Technology: "Combination Therapy for Prostate and Breast Cancer" (E-257-2014)
James Hodge, Ph.D., MBA, Senior Investigator, Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, CCR, NCI
- Technology: "Efficacious Fluorinated Cytidine Analog Cancer Therapeutic With Low Toxicity in Animal Studies" (E-215-2018)
Omar Lopez, Ph.D., presenting on behalf of Joel Morris, Ph.D., Chief, Drug Synthesis and Chemistry Branch, Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, NCI
- Technology: "Polymeric Delivery Platform for Therapeutics" (E-097-2017)
Stephan Stern, Ph.D., DABT, Laboratory Co-Director, Director of Research & Development, Nanotechnology Characterization Laboratory, Division of Cancer Treatment & Diagnosis (DCTD), NCI
|4:25 - 5:15 p.m.
Panel Sessions, Part 2
Attendee selects one of two concurrent panel sessions
Panel 3: “How to work with the National Cancer Institute and the Frederick National Laboratory”
Moderator: Steve Ferguson, NIH Office of Technology Transfer
- James Hodge, Ph.D., MBA, NCI CCR, Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology
- Helen Sabzevari, Ph.D., President & CEO, Precigen
- Michael Pollack, Ph.D., Unit Supervisor, NCI TTC
- Maggie Scully, Ph.D., Senior Business Development Analyst, FNL Partnership Development Office
Panel 4: “Funding and resources for startups”
Moderator: Richard Griffin, AICP, CEcD, Director of Economic Development, City of Frederick
- William Bozza, Ph.D., Program Director, NCI SBIR & SBIR-TT
- Matthew Miessau, Associate, Epidarex Capital
- Kimberly Mozingo, Director of Federal Programs, TEDCO
- Helen Propheter, Executive Director, Economic and Workforce Development, Frederick County Office of Economic Development