THANK YOU FOR A GREAT EVENT!
Thank you for being part of our first Technology Showcase. If you were one of the more than 200 who attended to learn about NCI and FNLCR technologies available for collaboration and licensing and to connect with biotechnology professionals across the region, we hope that the Tech Showcase was a valuable use of your time. If you were not able to attend, you can still benefit – and we look forward to seeing you next year. The presentations delivered at the Showcase are available at: 2017 Technology Showcase Presentations.
If you have questions about how to:
- License NIH technologies, including those featured at the Showcase
- Collaborate with NCI and FNLCR investigators
- Access the resources available at the Frederick National Lab
- Tap into the support available from Maryland Technology Development Group (TEDCO), the Frederick Innovative Technology Center (FITCI), the Frederick County Office Economic Development, the City of Frederick Department of Economic Development
SAVE THE DATE! Join us next year for the 2018 Technology Showcase scheduled for Wednesday, June 13.
2017 TECHNOLOGY SHOWCASE OVERVIEW:
The 2017 Technology Showcase was an inaugural, half-day event that showcased technologies being developed at the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR) to encourage startup company formation, technology licensing, and collaborations. The 2017 Technology Showcase introduced the Frederick community to the regional technology development stakeholders, and highlighted available resources.
The event featured short technology summaries presented by NCI and FNLCR innovators, and presentations from regional stakeholders involved with technology development and commercialization. An interactive poster session by innovators and technology ambassadors occurred concurrently, and there were opportunities for networking throughout the event.
June 7, 2017 • 12:30 - 6:00pm
FNLCR Advanced Technology Research Facility (ATRF)
8560 Progress Drive
Frederick, MD 21702
ADDITIONAL NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES:
Frederick BioBeers hosted their monthly “Meetup” immediately adjacent to the ATRF, an easy walking distance from the Technology Showcase. This post-event reception provided a great opportunity for further interaction with the regional life sciences and healthcare communities.
Who Should Attend:
Prospective investors, established companies, educators, those looking to commercialize technologies, and all interested stakeholders.
National Cancer Institute • Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR) • City of Frederick Department of Economic Development • Frederick County Office of Economic Development • Frederick Innovative Technology Center, Inc. (FITCI) • Maryland Technology Development Corp. (TEDCO)
AGENDA and PRESENTERS:
Registration - 12:30 - 1:00pm
Welcome and Introduction - 1:00 - 1:15pm
- Moderator: Andrew Quong, Ph.D., Director, Strategic Scientific Initiatives & Partnerships, FNLCR
- David Heimbrook, Ph.D. – Laboratory Director, FNLCR
- Jan Gardner – County Executive, Frederick County MD
- Randy McClement – Mayor, the City of Frederick
Stakeholder Presentations - 1:15 - 2:00pm
- Moderator: Ron Kaese, Director, Federal Programs, Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO)
- Brad Fackler, M.B.A., Senior Director of BioHealth and Life Sciences, Maryland Department of Commerce
- Helen Propheter, Director, Frederick County Office of Economic Development
- Richard Griffin, AICP, CEcD, Director, The City of Frederick Office of Economic Development
- James Pannucci, Ph.D., Director, Partnership Development Office, FNLCR
- Martin Rosendale, Director of Biosciences, Technology Council of Maryland
- Kathie Callahan Brady, M.B.A., CEO, Frederick Innovative Technology Center, Inc. (FITCI)
- Karen Maurey, M.S., Director, NCI Technology Transfer Center (TTC)
- Matt Portnoy, Ph.D., Program Manager, NIH Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR)
- Barry Datlof, M.B.A., Director, Medical Technology Transfer, U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command, Fort Detrick
Technology Presentations, Session 1- 2:00 - 3:15pm
BREAK - 3:15 - 3:30pm
Technology Presentations, Session 2 - 3:30 - 4:45pm
- Moderator, Session 1: Michael Salgaller, Ph.D., Invention Development and Marketing Unit Lead, NCI TTC
- Moderator, Session 2: Kathie Brady, FITCI
- Steven Adler, Ph.D., FNLCR, Clinical Monitoring Research Program – “DICOM Tool, a Quantitation Java Application for the Argus/BioPET Preclinical PET/CT Scanner” - E-138-2015
- Chris Buck, Ph.D., Laboratory of Cellular Oncology, NCI, Center for Cancer Research (CCR) – “Developing Vaccines Against Human Polyomaviruses” - E-168-2001
- Dimiter Dimitrov, Ph.D., Cancer and Inflammation Program, NCI, CCR – “Ability to Produce Custom Antibodies” - E-079-2008
- Dominic Esposito, Ph.D., FNLCR RAS Initiative “New Insect Cell Technologies for High-quality and High-yield Production of Therapeutically Relevant Proteins” - E-009-2008, E-287-2012, E-146-2017
- Luca Gattinoni, M.D. (Principal Investigator) and Yun Ji, Ph.D. (Staff Scientist), Experimental Transplantation and Immunology Branch, NCI CCR – “Enhancing Cancer Immunotherapy by Epigenetically Reprogramming Tumor-Reactive CD8+ T Cells with the Polycomb-like Protein Phf19” - E-107-2017
- Stephen Hewitt, M.D., Ph.D., Laboratory of Experimental Pathology, NCI, CCR – “Biomarkers to Better Predict Cancer Survival" - E-025-2009
- Mitchell Ho, Ph.D. – Laboratory of Molecular Biology, NCI, CCR – “Novel Immuno-Oncology Therapy Targeting Glypican-2 in Neuroblastoma” - E-211-2016
- Joost Oppenheim, M.D., Cancer and Inflammation Program, NCI, CCR – “HMGN1” - E-185-2008
- Brad St. Croix, Ph.D., Mouse Cancer Genetics Program, NCI, CCR – “CD276 Antibody” - E-250-2014
- Stephan Stern, Ph.D., FNLCR, Nanotechnology Characterization Laboratory – “Stable Isotope Tracer Method for Evaluation of Nanomedicine Pharmacokinetics and Bioequivalence” - E-163-2016
Success Story - 4:45 - 5:00pm
- Darryl Sampey, Ph.D., President & CEO, BioFactura (Frederick, MD)
Networking and Poster Session - 5:00 - 6:00pm, FNLCR ATRF
Frederick BioBeers MeetUp - 5:00 - 7:00pm
This is an additional networking opportunity that will take place immediately adjacent to the FNLCR ATRF