Thank you for a great event!
If you are interested in licensing, partnering opportunities or learning more about the technologies featured at the 2018 Technology Showcase, please contact us at email@example.com.
The second annual Technology Showcase on June 13, 2018 showcased technologies being developed at the NCI and Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR) to encourage startup company formation, technology licensing, and collaborations. The 2018 event brought together technology development stakeholders from across the region, and included several networking opportunities. The list of inventors and the featured technologies can be found in the event agenda below; the featured posters and inventions can be found below the agenda.
Date and Location:
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
7:30 AM - 7:00 PM (includes post-showcase networking event)
FNLCR Advanced Technology Research Facility
8560 Progress Drive
Frederick, MD 21702
- NCI Director, Dr. Norman "Ned" Sharpless keynote address on “Innovation and Commercialization: How NCI Collaborations with Industry Benefit Patients"
- 19 featured NCI and FNLCR technologies available for licensing and partnering
- Panel discussion comprised of successful biotechnology innovators from MedImmune, MiRecule, Inc. and Veralox Therapeutics, LLC who shared their insights about NIH as a technology development partner
- Opportunities to learn about how license from and collaborate with NCI and FNLCR
- An interactive poster session highlighting 12 NCI technologies available for licensing and partnering presented by the NCI Technology Transfer Ambassadors Program, and an additional poster highlighting the Center for Advanced Preclinical Research (CAPR)
- Opportunities to learn how to access resources available at the FNLCR
- Networking opportunities
|7:30 – 8:30 AM||
Check-in / Registration
|8:30 – 8:45 AM||
Welcome and Introduction
Jan H. Gardner, County Executive, Frederick County, Maryland
|8:45 – 9:15 AM||
INTRODUCTION: Thomas Stackhouse, Ph.D., Associate Director, NCI Technology Transfer Center (TTC)
KEYNOTE: Dr. Ned Sharpless, NCI Director – “Innovation and Commercialization: How NCI Collaborations with Industry Benefit Patients”
|9:15 – 9:30 AM||
NCI Technology Transfer Center Overview – Michael Salgaller, Ph.D., Invention Development and Marketing Supervisor, NCI TTC
|9:30 – 10:45 AM||
Technology Session One
|10:45 – 11:00 AM||
Break and Poster Session
|11:00 AM – 12:00 PM||
Technology Session Two
|12:00 – 12:20 PM||
Technology Ambassador Poster Pitches
|12:20 – 1:30 PM||
Lunch / Networking / Poster Session
|1:30 – 2:15 PM||
Success Story Roundtable
|2:15 – 3:30 PM||
Technology Session Three
|3:30 – 3:45 PM||
Break and Poster Session
|3:45 – 4:45 PM||
Technology Session Four
|4:45 – 5:00 PM||
Jim Pannucci, Ph.D., Director Partnership Development Office, FNLCR
|5:00 – 7:00 PM||
Networking Event (adjacent to ATRF)
Special Poster Session
Representatives from the NCI Technology Transfer Ambassadors Program (TTAP) will present the following posters highlighting technologies available for licensing and/or partnering:
- Presented by NCI TTAP Ambassador, Jyoti Roy, Ph.D.
Mitchell Ho, Ph.D., Laboratory of Molecular Biology, NCI, CCR – “Human Monoclonal Antibodies Targeting Glypican-2 in Neuroblastoma” – E-090-2013
- Presented by NCI TTAP Ambassador, Kazi Rahman, Ph.D.
James P. Mitchell, Ph.D., Radiation Biology Branch, NCI, CCR – “Video Monitoring and Analysis System for Vivarium Cage Racks” – E-090-2013
- Presented by NCI TTAP Ambassador, Nellie Moshkovich, Ph.D.
Rimas Orentas, Ph.D., formerly with Pediatric Oncology Branch and Chris Chien, Ph.D. – “Immunotherapeutics for Pediatric Solid Tumors” – E-007-2014
- Presented by NCI TTAP Ambassador, Jennifer Cowan, Ph.D.
De Yang, M.D., Ph.D., Cancer and Inflammation Program, NCI, CCR – “HMGN Polypeptides as Immune Enhancers and HMGN Antagonists as Immune Suppressants” – E-185-2008
- Presented by NCI TTAP Ambassador, Jon Nye, Ph.D.
Terry Fry, M.D., Pediatric Oncology Branch and Chris Chien, Ph.D. – “Chimeric Antigen Receptors for the Treatment of Leukemia and Other Cancers” – E-133-2016
- Presented by NCI TTAP Ambassador, Delphine Lissa, Ph.D.
Jeffrey Baron, M.D., Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Childhood Health and Human Development (NICHD) – “Diagnostic Assays for the Detection of Thyroid Cancer” – E-016-2013
- Presented by NCI TTAP Ambassador, Sarwat Naz, Ph.D.
Lauren Wood, M.D., Vaccine Branch, NCI, CCR – “Multivalent Immunogenic Peptides (Vaccines) for the Treatment of Prostate and Breast Cancer” – E-047-2014
- Presented by NCI TTAP Ambassador, Tao Liu, Ph.D.
Bradford Wood, M.D., NIH Center for Interventional Oncology, NCI, CCR – “Implantable Medical Devices with Electric Current Retrieval Assist" – E-088-2014
- Presented by NCI TTAP Ambassador, Kyster Nanan, Ph.D.
Stanislaw Kaczmarczyk, Ph.D. and Deb Chatterjee, Ph.D., Protein Expression Laboratory, NCI, CCR – “Cancer Immunotherapy Using Virus-like Particles” – E-050-2014
- Presented by NCI TTAP Ambassador, Rebecca Erwin-Cohen, Ph.D.,
Anu Puri, Ph.D. RNA Biology Laboratory, NCI, CCR – “Photoactivatable Lipid-based Nanoparticles as a Vehicle for Dual Agent Delivery” – E-482-2013
- Prepared by NCI TTAP Ambassador, Ananda Chowdhury, Ph.D.; presented by Taryn Dick, Ph.D., NCI TTC and David Calabrese, Ph.D., Chemical Biology Laboratory
John Schneekloth, Ph.D. Chemical Biology Laboratory and Beverly Mock, Ph.D., Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Genetics, NCI, CCR –
“MYC-G-Quadruplex Stabilizing Small Molecules and Their Use” – E-053-2015
- Prepared by NCI TTAP Ambassador, David Wei, Ph.D.
Martin Schnermann, Ph.D., Chemical Biology Laboratory, NCI, CCR – “Near-IR Light-cleavable Conjugates and Conjugate Precursors” – E-245-2016
An additional poster will be presented by:
13. Ken Miller, M.S., Project Manager, Center for Advanced Preclinical Research (CAPR), NCI, CCR and Leidos Biomedical Research Inc., LASP - “Preclinical Evaluation of Therapeutic Compounds in Mouse Models for Cancer at the Center for Advanced Preclinical Research (CAPR)”
- Life-science / healthcare companies
- Technology scouts looking to commercialize technologies
- Professional services firms
- All interested stakeholders